Friday, April 23, 2010

Staff Bio #4

Well, I suppose I can't do staff profiles with out doing on on myself, Katie Brooks.  After all,  WienerFest 2010 is my brainchild.   I am the Co-Founder and Organizer and my husband is the other Co-Founder, because he is the one who put that ridiculous costume on in the first place!  Luv ya' honey!  So here are my answers to the questions:


Q. Do you remember your first time eating a hot dog?

A. Have no idea, was very young, we ate a lot of hot dogs when I was a kid.

Q. How many hot dogs do you think you eat each year?
A: 20 give or take

Q. Do you have a month when you eat more hot dogs that usual?
A. No particular month, but definitely more in the summer.

Q. What is your favorite brand of hot dog?
A. Costco/Kirkland

Q. Where is your favorite place to eat hot dogs (home, Costco, baseball game, after a night out, etc)?
A.  Baseball games for sure!  No major sporting event is complete with out consuming a hot dog!

Q. What are your favorite hot dog toppings?
A. Opposite of my husband- LOTS of Ketchup and a little yellow mustard.

Q. What is your favorite hot dog fact?
A. The world’s biggest hot dog was 1,996 feet long, created by Sara Lee Corp. in honor of the 1996 Olympics.  HOLY CRAP!

Q. Why did you decide to be part of the planning committee for WF?
A. My idea, who else would do it.

Q. What are you looking forward to the most at WienerFest?
A. All of it, the fun, the friends, the family, the mess and of course, eating a hot dog!

Q. Please tell us one more thing about you think we the readers would want to know.
A.  It is actually suprising that I like hot dogs at all.  When my parents seperated when I was young, my dad didn't really know how to cook and we ate hot dogs a LOT.  I am gonna guess 3X/week although I could be exaggerating.  He would put those ball park franks in water and boil them (doesn't sound very appetizing does it?!)  If we didn't have buns, we cut them in half and put them on bread.  On the other hand, on mom's menu constantly was meatloaf (aka beefcake) and for some reason, I HATE meatloaf.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counter